Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Local (Starving: Someone buy this boy a burger) New York Artist: Jim Hoover



City/Suburb? City, ah, this is hard on the spot...although I'm a country boy at heart, I love the big city.
Graffiti: Crime/Art? (Jim is a natural born artist, check out his work: it's the best around and for a small fortune, you can get your own portrait) Ummm...depends on how it's done, if it's a real graffiti artist, they'll put it up with real consideration into how it gets placed and they're careful not to deface as opposed to a kid climbing up on walls or a bridge just to tag it...
Bronx/Brooklyn? I've lived in both! Brooklyn!
Passive/Aggressive? Passive (speaking passively)
John: Updike/Steinbeck? I've done a book on him (Steinbeck), I art directed a biography book on him here at Viking.
Broadway/Off/Off-Off? Ummm, I gotta soft spot for Broadway.
Time/Time Out? Time.
In/Outdoor Person? I guess I'm more of an outdoor person, weather permitting.
Subway/Cab? I'm a cheap ass (aka starving artist), Subway!!!
Domestic/Import? I don't drive, I don't know, subway!
Non/conformist? Um, I like to consider myself a nonconformist.
Dog/Cat? I am actually more of a dog person but in the city, it's not possible and it's just too much responsibility (he has one cat, his girlfriend has 3 and they all live together in a Brooklyn apartment-and for those of you who can't do math, that's 2 adults and 4 cats!!!)
Plastic/Cash? Cash...my credit card is my nemesis right now.
In/Extrovert? Ummm, depends on my mood, I guess I'm more of an extrovert.
Payless/Gallo? Payless...I wear shoes till they fall off my feet, till the soles wear down to the sidewalk...
Library/store? Book store, I haven't had a library card in 20 years!
Morning/NightOwl? Oh, night owl.
Salt/fresh water? Fresh.
Heels or Flats? I don't know (laughing) I don't notice the shoes, I'm short, so I guess flats!
Little Italy: Bronx/NYC? There's a Little Italy in the Bronx? I did not know that? Is there really?
Dublin/London? Ah, both..I would love to go to both/either, would have to do a week bar crawl in both or as Sarah Palin says, 'I'll do the research and get back to ya!'
Standard/Automatic? Ah, automatic, no, sorry..standard! Stick! Stick!
Gum/Tic-tac? Tic tac, I never liked gum, gum makes you gag after awhile.
Driver/Passenger? These days (speaking sadly now, more serious) I'm more of the passenger, I miss having a car, driving a car...
Stones/Beatles? That's a tough one! These days I've (re)discovered the Stones...I would say the Stones.
Coffee/tea? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, coffee.

No comments: